City Manager’s Report
For week ending Feb. 6, 2021
Guidelines for city officials who routinely engage with legislators or communicate with constituents about legislative matters.
Additionally, below is a list of previous Municipal Research Services Center blog posts addressing related, and some of the same, election-season questions.
- Election Season is Upon Us! Do You Remember the Election-Related “Dos” and “Don’ts”? – (2017) – Covers use of social media, campaigning during public meetings, and use of public facilities.
- Regulating Non-Commercial Temporary Signs During Election Season (2017) – Includes sample sign codes from WA local governments
- Political Speech and Lobbying by Local Government Employees: What are the Rules of Engagement? (2017) – Covers what is acceptable in terms of personal speech and lobbying activity by government officials and employees
- Wearing Uniforms in Political Advertisements (2012) – Covers PDC guidelines regarding military uniforms
- Five Tips on Supporting a Ballot Proposition (2012) – Covers agency use of resources in supporting an initiative
– Mark E. Hoppen, City Manager
City of Normandy Park
801 SW 174th Street
Normandy Park, WA 98166
(206) 248-8246 (Direct Phone)