Weather | The Normandy Park Blog Local News, Events, Politics, Arts & more for Normandy Park, WA
- More rain expected, so schedule now for roof and gutter cleaning from locally-owned Seattle Roof Cleaningby Editor on November 10, 2020 at 7:39 pm
SPONSORED: Meet Keith Beers, President of Seattle Roof Cleaning. Not only is he a hard working business owner and 15-year Gregory Heights resident, but he’s also a proud single dad of 2 wonderful kiddos. Storm Season 2020…it’s a-comin’! Are you ready? There is no need to wait until the last leaf has fallen to schedule The post More rain expected, so schedule now for roof and gutter cleaning from locally-owned Seattle Roof Cleaning first appeared on The Normandy Park Blog.
- SMOKE ALERT: ‘Super-massive body of smoke’ coming to region this weekendby Editor on September 11, 2020 at 12:01 am
The National Weather Service is warning that a super-massive body of smoke is moving over southwestern Washington, and it’s expected to hit the Puget Sound area this weekend. Here is forecast model that shows “integrated smoke” or total smoke through a deep layer of the atmosphere. Notice the increase in concentration beginning late tonight and The post SMOKE ALERT: 'Super-massive body of smoke' coming to region this weekend first appeared on The Normandy Park Blog.
- WEATHER: ‘Winter Storm Watch’ issued for region starting Sun. afternoonby Editor on January 12, 2020 at 8:14 pm
Early Sunday morning, Jan. 12, 2020, the National Weather Service issued an urgent ‘Winter Storm Watch,’ warning of “heavy snow possible late this afternoon and evening.” Snow accumulation of 1 or 2 inches is likely and 3 to 5 inches possible. Prognosticators say that a cold front will move in late this afternoon. “This band The post WEATHER: 'Winter Storm Watch' issued for region starting Sun. afternoon first appeared on The Normandy Park Blog.
- WEATHER: Over 3 inches of rain has fallen in area over last 24 hoursby Editor on December 20, 2019 at 6:13 pm
Photo courtesy @SeattleWXGuy Over three inches of rain has fallen in Normandy Park over the last 24 hours, according to local weather expert Michael Snyder. The deluge has caused a lot of urban flooding locally, with houses being flooded and roads covered and closed. The National Weather Service says that 2.22 of rain fell in The post WEATHER: Over 3 inches of rain has fallen in area over last 24 hours first appeared on The Normandy Park Blog.
- WEATHER: Storm system with ‘a LOT of rain’ moving into area Wednesdayby Editor on December 17, 2019 at 10:38 pm
A very wet storm system will be moving into our region on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2019, bringing with it non-stop rain until Sunday. We recommend everyone battens down their blue tarps, gets out the rake and clears storm drains, and drive carefully. If you live near a creek, perhaps get some sandbags ready as well. The post WEATHER: Storm system with 'a LOT of rain' moving into area Wednesday first appeared on The Normandy Park Blog.